KUOW's "Weekday" Northwest Travel Lifelist. "On and Off the Fast Track debuts on "KUOW Presents". "Crai Bower Goes Swimming in Alaska" airs on American Forces Radio.
SEATTLE, WA Crai steps into the "Weekday" studio to discuss his NW Travel Life List with host Steve Scher.This live program features call-in and opinion. Crai appears quarterly on Weekday to discuss travel. Here is his list. Add your own on Twitter - #NWLifeList
Listen to 94.9 KUOW Weekday
VIew: KUOW Archives of Travel Segments
Crai's Northwest Travel Life List
- Cruise SE Alaska on a small ship with Doonesbury creator Gary Trudeau, watching a 35-story glacier calve and create 100-foot waves while in a kayak. (Been there, done that!)
- Hike Vancouver Island West Coast Trail
- 3-day fly fishing and white water rafting along the Rogue, Snake or Salmon rivers
- Cycling through the San Juan Islands
- Skiing every B.C. (NW) ski area in a season
- Kayaking the Yukon River from Whitehorse to Dawson City
- Spending five days playing golf at Bandon Dunes
- Heli-skiing in the North Cascades or with CMH
- Living in Portland, OR or Nelson, B.C.
- Watching the birds at sunrise and sunset at Oregon’s Malheur Natl Wildlife Refuge
- Take Inside Passage ferry to Prince Rupert, explore B.C. Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
- Life 'Almost Over List' – Hiking into the Enchanted Valley in spring surrounded by waterfalls
SEATTLE, WA Crai continued his monthly role as travel commentator for "KUOW Presents," where he spoke with host and producer Dave Beck about favorite train travel including Amtrak Coast Starlight, Canada's VIA Rail and the luxury train line, Rocky Mountaineer.
Listen to NW Train Travel on KUOW Presents
SANTA MONICA, CA Crai contributed his montly commentary on American Forces Radio with On Travel host Paul Lasley. Paul and Crai discussed his recent trip through southeast Alaska with American Safari Cruises where he kayaked, hiked and swam in Glacier Bay.
Listen to "Crai Bower Goes Swimming in Alaska"